STOP BY AND SAY HI AT OUR NEW LOCATION!
329 W. LONE CACTUS DR.
SUITE # 2
PHOENIX, AZ 85027
Trikes are proving to be all weather machines...
We just got 16" of snow up here. BRRR
E-mail us Tracy@southwesttrikes.com
Dave Bierman and Tracy Sherrill
The winter months are quickly disappearing behind us and spring is springing. Please remember to check your tire pleasures and fill to the dealer recommended pressures. Trikes are different from the bikes. Trikes keep 24 lbs in the rear tires and 42 in the front. The date is also very important. Tires should not be older than 8 years. If you haven’t ridden more than 5k in a year you will still want to have the oil looked at and changed with in 16 months.
Bike week will be here faster than you all know. Don’t be the rider that waits till the last week and want your oil changed or new tires, the day before because its “EMERGINCY” .
Southwest Trikes is offering a Saturday only special $85.00. Aims oil and filter now through May 1st.. Limited times available. Make an appointment to see our certified mechanic’s for an oil change and inspection.
For everyone planning of camping over the summer we are offering $300.00 off a
Lees- ure Lite Travel tent trailer.
Both in Arizona and Wyoming
These amazing trailers all come with the wider bodies and wid
e tire with spare, extra spray fiberglass flooring and tan in color.
Orders must be placed before april 15th . Please call the office for any details.
Summer is coming fast. Get ready
As always there are more Military discounts available for those who qualify with
Proof of I.D. We thank you for your service.
Please come out and join us for the “Tour of Duty ‘Ride April 2nd. (Formally the Pat Tillman ride) . This is the 3 rd year Southwest Trikes has sponsored this great event. Call for details.
God Bless America and out troups.
Spring at Southwest Trikes
Many of our clients have been asking about our Wildwest Trike shop. Wildwest Trikes is the summer home of Southwest Trikes. We pack up what we can, and move to Dubois Wyoming in the summer. Fishing, hiking, long cool summer nights are just some of the reasons. Were located only 60 miles east of the Teton Nation Park. If the name of the town sounds familiar, it may be because it made national news over the New Year of 2014. Our small town of Dubois nearly burnt to the ground. There were so many fantastic volunteers from so far away that helped save it. It’s a very blessed feeling to be part of such a great community. If you’re planning to come to this shop for kit’s or maintenance please be sure to let us know. Hotel, camping or BnB arrangement can be made for you.
If you’re still on the fence about when to do your trike kit now is the time. Summer is coming and things move fast. It takes about 4 weeks to receive a kit in and two to add the trike kit. Southwest Trikes is moving north to the Wildwest Trike location in Dubois Wyoming around mid June. We will be assembling trike kits this summer both here in Arizona and In Wyoming. Please be aware that in the summer, timing is essential to making travel plans. If you want your trike delivered to the mid-west for pick up we will need to know ahead of time. All rocky mountain trikes will be delivered when finished. If you would like to schedule a build over the summer and are not returning until next spring you have a great advantage over everyone else. Time!!
The Trike and bike weather is coming fast. Please don’t put of getting you’re annual checkup before it’s too late. Dave would like you to look at a few things and make sure your ready for summer riding. This will take about an hour to be through
- Tire pressure 42 front 24 back (trike only)
- Tire wear. Look on both sides of the tire. Inside and out. Not just both rear tires. If your tires are more than 6 years old regardless of where they need to be changed
- Air pressure in Motor Trike kits. 30lbs is normal. If they don’t hold pressure over a two day period please call so we can inspect them for leaks.
- Change the oil if you haven’t in the last year.
- Look at you front forks. If you can see an oil line or the fork oil hasn’t been changed in 4 years, now is the time. Old oil or oil leaks can drastically change the steering and the overall ride smoothness. Getting this changed on vacation is no fun.
- Before packing up, check the suggested weight of the manufacturer. Just because it fit’s it doesn’t mean it should ship.
- Look on the ground and under the bike for leeks. This may not be a drip fluids may stick to the frame or body.
- HALEY TRIKES check you motor mounts. It’s very common for these to soften and left unattended can cause serious damage’s and a great deal of expense.
- Gently shake the bike or trike and listed for squeaking and rattling. Really listen closely; even a little movement may suggest an adjustment. Have someone with you to help listen when it running.